Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Biggest Loser – I am a fan!

I started watching The Biggest Loser I think around season 7, so not too long ago.  My friend Jen got me interested in the show, and I have been watching it ever since.  The funny thing is… somewhere mid-last season, my hubby started to watch it with me, and now he is a fan too.  We watch it every week together along with our 9 year old, Cass!  Of course she does not get to stay up to watch the whole thing.  But she does love the show.

I was really happy to see it go back to couples this season.   I think having the support of a partner going through the same thing with you would make it easier.  It must be difficult to spend that much time away from family and every day life… but I have to commend the contestants that put life on hold to be there and do something for themselves – changing their lives!  It would take a lot of courage to expose so much of yourself on National TV.

When I watch a show like this I always end up pulling for certain contestants, simply because of their story or their personality.  Last season I was pulling for Abby and Danny, Kevin wanted Danny to win, and he did.  He looks absolutely amazing now!

There are also certain contestants that I just don’t like.  Last season it was Tracey, this season – Melissa – absolutely can’t stand her.  Perhaps I end up not liking them because they are game players – and quite frankly, I feel like, if you are going to the Ranch to change your life.. that should be your number one priority.

I was beside myself last night after the weigh-in and Melissa said “I am disappointed in Lance”.  After her losing –1 and +1 the 2nd and 3rd week, while he has been going strong every week… so he had a bad weigh in last night (he lost 4 lbs) … uh it’s going to happen!  I think she is just a bitch.  Stand by your man, like he stood behind you when you were lying about the game play my dear!

I was happy to see O’Neil and Sunshine earn a spot on campus.  They did amazing at home  - losing 76 lbs between the two of them in one month!  That’s totally awesome.  Cherita and Victoria also did amazing at home losing 63 lbs between the two of them in one month.  Unfortunately it was not enough to earn their spot back.  However, it just goes to show you – if you have determination – you can DO ANYTHING!!

I will continue to watch, and post my thoughts about the shows.  For more information about the show you can visit the official website at:  http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/

Are you a Biggest Loser Fan too?  Please feel free to leave your comments!

Have an Amazing Day!
kims_name

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

Now I am not an avid fan of the Biggest Loser, but I have seen the show several times. I do believe that determination is key like you said in the process of losing all the weight that is needed to be shed. Having it back to couples is great, it brings in a support system for one another throughout the long journey. I think that this blog post is good at highlighting the fact that anyone can lose weight, you do not need to go onto National Television to do it, as seen with the couples at home who lost 76lbs in one month. Although it's good that the country is taking initiative in providing a place where those who need to take the challenge can. Determination and willpower will win through on the journey to lose weight, it just needs to be constant and focused energy towards the main goal; once you get there happiness will arrive. :)

Sincerely,
Chantelle Clark.

Kimberley Clark said...

Well said Chantelle! :)