Sunday, February 14, 2010

February Blahs?? No Time For That!

It happens every year.  We hear about it, like its an ailment.  The February Blahs...  It's cold outside, the wind is howling.  The snow has piled up, but it's not pretty anymore, it is dirty from all the salt and sand being thrown around by the plows.  Spring still seems such a long way off!  This for me would be the ultimate time to get away on a nice warm sunny vacation south!


But There's No Time!

February is one of the busiest months for us.  Well the first half anyway.  First we have our daughter Chantelle's birthday on the 7th of the month.   That does not go by without planning a party and an outing or two.  A shopping trip is always in order too! 

We just nicely get through that and then our son Cory's birthday arrives on the 13th - the very next week!  Another round of party planning, presents to buy, shopping to do. 

Right after that - the next day - Valentine's Day!  Now there is not much planning for that, but we do treat it as a special occasion.  Today, my dear hubby lavished me with a beautiful singing card and a very nice box of chocolates... my absolute obsession!

Thank goodness for Family Day - which arrives on February 15th.  This 3 day weekend has a special occasion on each day for us.  Busy, yet at the same time, a wonderful time of sharing with family and friends.

So after all of this celebration, you would think that now I could relax a little.  This would now be a great time to get away!  Are you kidding?  After two weekends in a row of parties, cake, and perhaps not eating the best, now it is time to kick into high gear!  Have I indulged?  Of course!

Now is the time to get back into routine, focus on goals, apirations, fitness, work, and overall health.  It is a time to get back into center, to be grateful for everything that I have, and for everything that I am going to achieve now!

February Blahs? 
I can only experience them if I allow myself too.  I am in control of my thoughts and my emotions.  I choose how I approach each day! 

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.  Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." ~ Carl Jung

Happy Valentines Day!!


No comments: